This Outfit Needed to Come Out of the Closet

1:44 PM







  Hello fashion lovers! Today's outfit is a very special one. Not only because it contains my favorite pair of shoes, but because I decided to YOLO and enter into a H&M competition across the nation! But we'll talk about that later. Yes, I know what you're thinking, "is she wearing a leather jacket and combat boots in the summer?" And the answer is yes, why yes I am! You can never get ready for fall too early:)


 I know I'm repeating my green skinny jeans again, but let's just say this outfit wouldn't be what it is without them. Let's start with the dress; it's a mint high-low that is made of a slightly sheer but soft linen material giving it the right the "flowiness" especially being cinched at the waist-line giving it loose pleats throughout the dress. It gives the outfit a sweet, chique look,but by adding the leather jacket and combat boots give it just the right amount of edge. What I like most about the leather jacket (which is also another necessary essential in your closet) is that it's not one of those biker/ punk leather jackets,but still gives you a 'bad' look, which is of course topped off with the aviators and boots. The scarf has the appropriate shade of green leaves and collage of light pink, yellow, and purple flowers, blending well with both the green skinny jeans and mint dress. This scarf does not clash but correlates with the braided belt (turned into a head band) giving a whole Grecian ("Greek") look to this scarf style. Not only that, but the light shades help match the nude pink color of the bag, which if you ask me, nude pink (with rose gold) and mint is great pastel combination. I know I said that this outfit would be incomplete without the green skinny jeans, and well that's not a lie, but what truly wraps up this outfit and just makes me love it so much are my boots. When I saw these combat boots on overstock.com, it was like love at first click; that's when I knew, they were the one for me. They make any outfit from plain, to giving an edgy-vintage look, and I absolutely love that. Do get used to these boots because they will reappear very often as the fall/winter season come in. I just hope you love them as much as I do:)
My favorite boots

As I had mentioned earlier, this outfit was a special one because I also submitted this outfit for the H&M fan fashion competition across the nation and the picture with the most votes gets a reward that any H&M lover (like myself) would greatly appreciate! So please go to 50statesoffashion.com go under "sort by states" and click on Florida and click my picture! It would be greatly appreciated and let's just say I'm representing all us hijabis and showing them we got style;)

Hope you enjoyed today's (rather long if you ask me) post and don't forget to dress it with style, because life's too short to not to!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images