What You Do with One Outfit and A Lot of Scarves

3:42 PM





It's Monday, so you know what that means...today's "My Outfits Monday!" :D I hope I'm not the only this excited, because then that would be awkward...
Okay let's start talking about this week's outfit! You may be telling yourself that this outfit looks quite familiar. And it actually is. The striped shirt on top of the maxi is from the first outfit I posted, but this time I changed the patterns that I "blocked" together and changed the style of the purse. I've been quite crazy about aztec print for quite a while and have actually had my eye on this scarf for some time as well; thanks to a friend of mine and her "sixth sense" of just seeing a scarf and knowing I'd like it, I finally got it! And so I thought, hey I'll do this week's outfit with it!
Now in the beginning, I wasn't sure if these two prints would work together because I thought aztec had lines that looked similar to stripes, but really they are more zig-zags, triangles, and diamonds all meshed into a rather different, not so subtle (but not too loud) pattern that mixes great with stripes (I just love stripes, they work with everything). What I love most about this outfit and why I feel it would be appropriate for the summer (and since it's almost over unfortunately) is because it's simple yet has the perfect pop of color with the bright orange bringing the orange of the scarf and the bag together and basically putting the "icing on top of the cake" when it comes to this outfit. I was given this bag as a gift as well and at first I had no idea how I was going to use it, but this scarf is just one of the many things it actually matches with and I feel it's the perfect accessory when you want to go simple yet stand out.

Hope you guys liked this week's outfit! Let me know what you think and feel free to share the idea! :)
Also, comment on what you think about doing cheetah print with Aztec. I'm a little confused and would love for some input:)
Also, in my last post I mentioned entering in a H&M competition across the nation and you're still allowed to vote but only for a few days! So please help a hijabi out and click on this link and vote!:) >>> http://50statesoffashion.com/start?i=7563 <<<<

Thank you so much for the support so far and don't forget you can forget you can vote more than once!:)




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images