As Harvey Specter as My Closet's Going to Get...Pulling Out the Blazer!

5:06 PM


Hello Fashion Lovers! Today is an exciting day for me, because though I should've had this earlier, today's my first interview!  That's why today's outfit is compiled of a few of my favorite things from my closet and will also show another essential I feel everyone should have in their closet.  Guys aren't the only ones that can rock blazers (well unless you're Harvey Specter, then he rocks it the most), but a blazer is something I feel you need to have in a closet. It makes an outfit go from ordinary, to polished and just really stylish and cute, by just pulling it over a plain striped dress such as this one. This isn't my first blazer, but I do suggest that if you do want to buy a blazer, start off with a basic blue or black, just because it's easy to match with. I've always wanted a red/maroon blazer so when I saw this one, I had to get it (especially after only being $10). The cut of this blazer is different because it does not have the two stitched lines in the back, making it fit your back, but it's not so bad where it throws off the


whole outfit to not working. I also like it because one, of the two pockets (very convenient and adds more to it), and two because it's pretty light and bearable to wear this time of the year (especially in Florida). I wonder if you guys will get tired of seeing my pattern blocking...but I couldn't help myself and had to wear this scarf with this striped dress! The off-white/cream color blends well with the mesh of beige, different tones of green, mustard yellow and purple. And I understand there isn't an exact maroon color in the scarf to match the blazer, but I felt the colors were close enough to work well together.
I know, the summer is just ending and I'm already starting to bring about my boots, and I know this outfit would've looked cute with my flats, but I just didn't feel right wearing this outfit without the boots. I wasn't kidding when I said "get used to them," because with the next few months coming up, you'll be seeing them a lot more often :D But anyway, I honestly feel these boots are perfect for anything, and especially this outfit due to its camel tan color, working with the mix of colors in the outfit and especially the maroon blazer. They change the attitude of the outfit by giving it an edge, but still having a polished look with the blazer. And of course, the two pearl rings and purse just wraps up the outfit by giving a classy touch to it.
Hope you guys like this week's outfit! Feel free to try it out or let me know of other things that could work with this. And don't forget, sharing is caring!:)

~Because life's too short to dress boring~





You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scarf works with the color! It looks so cute :) Good luck on the interview!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images