My Hijabi Essentials!

2:01 PM

Jasmine Pants (Icing Claire's)
Plain Black Maxi (Old Navy)
Safety Pins (Walmart)

Hello my hijabi stylers!
Every girl has that one cardigan which her closet is not complete without. Well just like that cardigan (which I do in fact have that completes my closet), these three items are essential to my closet, especially as a hijabi. To start off, the plain black maxi. Why would you need something so plain, with not much to it? Because, you just do. You mine as well call this black maxi a transformer (shape shifter may be more appropriate) because it can go from being a regular maxi to a maxi dress! It's honestly buying two essentials (because yes every hijabi needs a maxi dress) in one, so for the price that I spent on it, which was around $30, it was worth it. You can go from putting a cardigan with a belt and a nice scarf, to putting a striped long sleeves shirt that's too short to wear as is but perfect length to make it look like a maxi skirt outfit without even buying (or making) a skirt. You can refer to my first outfit post to get an idea of the shape-shifting maxi dress!
My next essential, which is extremely important yet the cheapest, are safety pins. In order for me to wrap my scarf the way I like to, to get the proper coverage and good "volume" (yes, scarves need volume too), I need four safety pins. It may seem like a lot, but in the future when you see how I wear my scarf (yay hijab tutorial!) then you'll understand why four are necessary.
I've just realized how essential this is to my closet because I recently got them, but my last basic essential to my closet is jasmine pants. There are other words for it in other languages, but to be safe with spelling and proper labeling, we're just going to call them jasmine pants. You know when you go to the mall and you see a shirt which is so cute and you already thought of a scarf that matches it and everything!..but then you  realize that it just may be too short. Well not to worry, jasmine pants are here to the rescue! Because of their loose fit from the top to bottom, it does not show your shape so it makes making a little shorter shirts easier. And because they have pleats/folds they still give some sort of shape to the pants, just not a fitting one. Also, once you realize how comfortable these pants are (really feels like you're wearing pajamas), you'll want to wear them on regular tops like high-lows, which surprisingly enough, still make a pretty cute outfit.

So what essentials do you have in your closet? Share and comment and let me know if there's more than just these essentials I need in my closet (because trust me, I don't mind shopping for more clothes)! :)


~Dress well and with style, because life is too short not to~


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images