Wanna talk about it: The new FAD.

2:50 PM

So recently, there's this new thing going on. Like everyone's doing it, posting about it and it's kind of rubbed off onto me...the new fad is being fit and healthy. I thought it was crazy too. Like who seriously puts in the time to feel good, strong and energized? It's like a new fashion statement and a good one at that. So yes, I will admit I have within the past few months gotten into it more because of my fiancé, but I'm quite grateful for the push. I know everyone hears it and it gets you thinking "hmm maybe I should try to change it up a bit" and so you go on pinterest and end up spending hours looking at workouts and delicious healthy foods (not the smartest thing to do while you're fasting by the way). And then someone brings home ice cream and mozzarella sticks and the thought of it is out of the window.

As some of you may know, Muslims all across the globe are going through their month of fasting, also known as Shahe-Ramadhan. I call it our detox month for ourselves spiritually, but let me tell you it does not turn out like that for our body. Not being able to eat all day kind of has you craving everything and anything when you can eat. Thus our dinners (though are really good) usually consist of fried foods, rice, curries, or a really nice burger with fries (once again, not a smart idea to talk about food while fasting). The mosque that I go to fortunately provides dinner for 30 days...are they usually the best thing to eat 9:00 pm? Mmm probably not. What I usually do is bring my own meal that's a little healthier. People will say like "wow good job dieting!" Dieting...first off, look at the word; if you break it up it's like "die-eating" and I don't know about you, but I love eating! Did I change the way I eat? Yes of course I did! Does it mean that choosing healthy alternatives doesn't allow me to "live life" and enjoy food? Not at all. And I think that's where the confusion comes from when people say they eat healthy.

 Look I just started getting into this and it doesn't mean I cut myself from enjoying the chocolate or basically everything else sweet that I love; or if my mom makes her amazing fried chicken, it doesn't mean I don't eat it. It just means you balance or portion it out! I was talking to my fiancé and he said trying to maintain the healthiness 80% of the time along with exercise is good enough to give you that #healthyandfit look while also enjoying what you love!

Below will be some links for any of you interested in either changing the way you eat a little or adding some fitness to your day!

But wait, I have more to say! I had mentioned earlier that this is the month of fasting, but I think it can be given another name and that's the month of blessings. This is one of the most blessed months of the year and it really allows us as human beings to better ourselves. Ask any Muslim, and they'll tell you that something feels different during this time and I feel so fortunate that I am able to go through this. Of course everyone has different ways they need to better themselves, but one thing emphasized during this month is helping others. If you have your own way of helping others that's amazing and if you have an organization you donate to that's really good as well! But for those who want that opportunity to help others, a link will be posted below to donate. Honestly, if I were in your shoes reading this, I would be like "ahh I'll donate later". And I'm not saying you won't...but we're humans and we forget. So while the good thought still stays in your brain, just donate and I promise it'll feel even more rewarding!

Well guys, I know I talked a lot more than I usually do on my Monday posts but I still hope you enjoyed what I had to say and would love feedback!

To get on the new FAD:
http://www.mynaturalfamily.com/recipes/100-calorie-snack-ideas/#_a5y_p=1350163

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuSHchu6vYs

To make someone else happy:

http://www.aimislam.com/appeal/

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images